Remove this ad

joe92

In Country

Lead

Mar 2 10 1:28 PM

Tags : :

Hello : ),
             My name is Joe and have been doing reenacting for 3 years now have always been 
interested in the Vietnam war and to do an impression, Currently doing a 12th SS impression which to i believe is at a high standard and would hope to bring that standard across to another period.

I've been waiting until I turn 18 to join, and was very impressed with your display at W&P show, I'm very Americanized I play Outside Linebacker In my American football team which would be kool to incorporate into an impression (Pig skin in the buttpack? : ] )

Just wondering about Kit/weapons?

Just bought an Original 3rd pattern 1968 dated fatigue jacket off of eBay, as well as a repro Boonie and belt(still Need the trousers to put the belt on ! lol')

Just need info about insignia, and kit in general. any books i should look out for?

Thanks

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Mar 2 10 1:31 PM

Hi Joe,
If you need advice, you should go to Sgt. Allsorts, Lt. Gray or Cpt. Cairns.
Mr Joe Hobdel is now in charge of recruitment, so you should definately speak to him first about joining.

Steve.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Mar 2 10 1:31 PM

Shelby Stantons U.S Uniforms of the vietnam war is the absolute bible for a vietnam reenactor it can be a little expensive but well worth it. What ain't in it about the gear ain't worth knowing.
  There is a cheaper book that goe's by a similar name but for the life of me if i can remember the authors name. It's not as in depth as the stanton book but has some really good pix of guys in the gear with info. Go on SOF website they have it on there & then see if you can pick it up cheaper elsewhere i.e ebay.
                                          Joe 

The UKAirCav motto:- Always making the best of a bad situation since 2004

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Mar 2 10 5:37 PM

do u kno what nick i thought u was joking but bugger me!!! heres the proof people

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/1861263058/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&qid=1267576473&sr=1-3&condition=used

you can have mine for £250 lolgrin

The UKAirCav motto:- Always making the best of a bad situation since 2004

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#13 [url]

Mar 3 10 6:55 AM

Excellent i have that book in mint condition, i think it cost me £10, its a bit of a surprise but i bugt a book from Amazon when i started colecting insignia and the last i saw that was $400 online as its out of print.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Mar 3 10 9:45 AM

The book in question is out there & can be bought for very cheap. I have just bought another copy for myself at the value price of £11. You just need to seek it out & you will find it.

Ta

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Mar 3 10 10:15 AM

Failing that i can supply a copy of the book on CD (PDF format) for anyone interested. £12 each

Its well worth getting it as it has lots of info & some very good pictures. It also has a complete webbing breakdown & pics of where stuff goes.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Mar 3 10 10:50 AM

Failing that i can supply a copy of the book on CD (PDF format) for anyone interested. £12 each
Its well worth getting it as it has lots of info & some very good pictures. It also has a complete webbing breakdown & pics of where stuff goes.

-ukaircavdog

yes please dog

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Mar 3 10 10:57 AM

ok well its £12 for the CD. If you want it posting then send me an additional £2.50 for postal costs.
Paypal address is:  jamilla@btopenworld.com
Ta

-ukaircavdog

rgr will do

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help