I had to share this with you all

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

rolando

In Country

#1 [url]

Apr 13 10 10:40 AM

Pound cake was always the best of the C-rations. Too bad he didn't keep a can of peaches to go with it. That was my favorite dessert. I would have eaten it all!

Quote    Reply   

rolando

In Country

#5 [url]

Apr 13 10 1:12 PM

Yes. I'm sure they are perfectly OK. The ones we were getting back then had been stored in warehouses and dated as far back as WWII, the boxes had the dates. Some people didn't like them, but it was a matter of taste. Ham and Lima Beans were the least favorite, Not too many people liked the fruitcake, although I did. In all, the C's we ate were nutritious and well balanced. Later on, we got the freeze-dried packs which were pretty good except we often couldn't use them on patrols because water was scarce and you needed to add water to make them edible.

I remember some of the more industrious guys would make big pots of stews from C's, adding other ingredients including hot sauce.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

bigpete

In Country

#7 [url]

Apr 14 10 4:12 AM

Thats what the British army call a "all in  stew". The hole rat pack gose in eaven the dessert!!surprise

Last "all in stue" I had was last year at a show with my ww2 group. This is what we put in from what I can remembergrin

about 5 tins of beef stew
1 big tin of  potatos
1 tin of carrots
1 tin of spinage
1 tin of peas
2 cans of beer (Guinness)
Splash of Port
1 tin of mixed fruit
1 cup of porage oats
Sprinkle of powderd pepper

You haven't lived till you've had a "all in stew"smile

s/sgt 1st Squad I LOVE BEER, CIGARETTES AND WAR FILMS!

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Apr 26 10 7:10 AM

Not the best thing to eat .............. but it does the job n keeps ya goin an thats what its designed to do smile people ................ SO EAT UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help