Remove this ad

Lead

Sep 19 10 2:06 AM

Tags : :

Due to the disapearance of Andy Gray i'll be back in the Lt role until further notice. Any probs please go through the regular channel's as per usual. I have also changed my call sign to 'DAFFY 6'
                  Daffy 6 Out!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

Sep 19 10 9:24 AM

Steve if a unit for example a company was designated “Daffy” the RTO in the TOC (command center where the different units reported) would be referred to as Daffy 65

A patrol from “daffy” company would have an alpha numeric designation depending on how many similar units were available for example the patrol might be “daffy 4A” so when the toc needed to contact the patrol, he would say “Daffy 4 alpha this is daffy 65” the RTO in the field monitoring the radio would respond "Daffy 65 this is daffy 4 alpha” , if the toc wanted to speak directly to the man in charge of the patrol he would say “put your 6 on” or something similar, the unit leader was always “6”, an RTO for a field unit generally would not have his own call sign, but would respond to any calls for the unit.

The company commander would be referred to as “daffy 6” the patrol leader would be “daffy 4 alpha 6”

This is only from very old memories so I’m not at all certain how universal this was.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Sep 19 10 12:01 PM

I see, thanks for clearing that up Dave, I wasn't too sure about call sign use.
Thanks again.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Sep 26 10 3:04 PM

Due to the disapearance of Andy Gray i'll be back in the Lt role until further notice. Any probs please go through the regular channel's as per usual. I have also changed my call sign to 'DAFFY 6'
                  Daffy 6 Out!

-ukaircavlt

This is not what i thought someone who has decided to leave would be posting so please come on powers that be what is/has happened keep us in the loop please!

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Sep 27 10 10:44 AM

Yeah I have Hadeel, he's now got access to the site.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help