Remove this ad

Lead

Jan 14 11 12:27 AM

Tags : :

Right the following is an email i sent out recently. Unfortunately i don't have all the new guys email addresses so i'm posting it on here for people to have a read. Not only that but heres the opportunity to ask questions.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jan 14 11 12:28 AM

Hi Again Ladies & Gentlemen
   O.k some of this this is probably going over old or familiar ground for some but we have a few FNG's this year so wanna pass on things we expect & want for the coming season. This year the senior staff really wanna tighten up on a few things that probably slipped for various reason's last year. So expect more weapons & kit inspections at the show's this year than we have done previously before. So here goes & please pay attention & Bob can you check the list of people i've sent this to as i think i'm short 2-3 guys emails & pass on to them please mate thank you.

1. First Aid Kits you MUST have a personal one that you must take to every event we do. NO Excuses gentlemen & that goes for EVERYONE.
2. We want/would like every man barring the RTO to carry at least a 100rnds linked 7.62 ammo or ammo tin on their person whilst patrolling & if i can source some mortar round cardboard tubes i'll be asking you to carry 1 of them each as well. Speak Email/speak to Cpl's Jamie Rose & Russel Bibb as i think they know a place to get the linked ammo.
3. Likewise I would to see everyman carrying at least to Bandolier's of 5.56 ammo on their person. I know M16 mags are pretty hard to get hold of so wooden substitutes will have to do & the man to speak to there is PFC Nick Walsh who i believe is knocking up some good looking wood substitutes. 
4. Claymore Mine bag at least 1 per man if you can get hold of a deactivate/replica claymore mine to put in it all the better. If not put as many of the m16 mag's real/wooden as you can fit in the pockets.
5. Canteens again getting harder to get hold of especially the proper cover's for them. they must be dated between 1960-1973. No 80s, 90s or 00s & each man must have at least 2 each but preferably more. Oh & just for this year I want water in every canteen! & i will be checking them no half arsing it this year ladies! If anyone can source canteen's & covers please let everyone know.
6. RTOs I want to see the spare batteries for the Prick 25s & expect you to hump them. Tough luck to whoevers carrying my radio as i have to spares & 1 in the radio!
7. Which brings us to Rucks I wanna see REAL weight in them this year! I myself carry at least a 60lb ruck out as those that have borrowed it can vouch for! I'll also be checking this as well ladies.
8. 1 set of jungle uniform is not enough get at least another set of jacket & pants. Put them in a plastic carrier bag & place them in your ruck a) it keeps them dry b) you know where they are c) extra weight for your rucks.
9. Those that need rucks get in contact with Paul Hood he sell's them in good conditions at reasonable prices cheapest starts off at £150. if you need 1 contact SSgt Phil Hall who will put you in contact with Paul Hood or just ask any of the guys as he's pretty well known & gives the us i.e the group good deal's.
10. It is assumed that you will wear steel on your head for every patrol unless told otherwise prior to a patrol.
11. All i want to see on webbing is 2xammo pouches 2xcanteens 1x1st aid/compass pouch 1xbayonet & grenades & holster with 45 in if your MOS allows. E-tools, Machete's, Butt pack's, torche's etc.. will be placed one ruck's.
12. M16s on patrol's again unless your MOS states otherwise exception Car15s for NCOs & Officers & the RTOs & even then not mandetory if you already have an M16.
13. Graffeti on ya steel make sure it's 60s & relevant no 'I love jennifer lopez' 'Obama out'. What's good is some U.S states do have English town/city names i.e Birmingham Alabama & so on.
14. & this 1 coz i don't wanna end it on unlucky 13! lol

O.k Guys as you can see this year we're aiming to push you just a little bit more. I think its all acheiveable there's nothing there that myself or the NCOs don't do ourselves already. I want you to be able to walk past the other Vietnam re-enactment groups at show's & know your humping more & further than they can & feel abit of esprit de corp & proud of yourself coz your doing it with the Cav patch bold as brass on your arm for all to see! Yeah they'll be ache's & pains & bruises & cuts even maybe some blisters but they'll all go in the evening when you crack open that first beer & know you done it better & bigger then the rest of em!
                                                          FIRST TEAM! GARYOWEN!
                                                                Daffyduck 6 Actual out!

The UKAirCav motto:- Always making the best of a bad situation since 2004

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jan 14 11 5:22 AM

sounds good to me :) i still need to get a few bits for my kit, am sure phill "the wife" will find a few more bits i need ;) hehe
theres a few things i wanna point out

1 guys cant stress enough how much the first aid kit is deffo a must and needs to be up todate with nearly everything in it, hehe been a few moments where we have had to get 3 kits out just to get the right plaster, allso eye wash is a defo must guys i know lt forgot to mention this, its easy to get hold of.

2 change in medical conditions is allso wise to tell ur nco's about just incase out on a patrol somethings happens, i know i am diabetic so theres a few ppl who know how to deal with me if something goes wrong.

thats about it from me rember if ya cant get hold of kit or not sure on the dates and things just ask we are more than happy to help

cowboy out

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jan 14 11 10:09 AM

Have a word with dog & hollywood i think they had a contact at one point who sold them

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jan 15 11 2:11 AM

If you want an empty bandoleer i think i have a spare i'll chuck in with the 16 ;-)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#12 [url]

Feb 12 11 9:51 AM

Hi until I source another long set of M56 suspenders at a reasonable price are M67 acceptable? Currently using taped regular M56 ones on my spare set.

Also are WW2 metal canteens acceptable? Currently using a mix of WW2 metal and 1990 dated plastic ones, though currently bidding on a few 65/70 dated plastic ones at the moment.

Also being from the N.Ireland it might be a bit dodgy for me to transport a 7.62 ammo belt about though I'm happy to buy it if someone could hold on it for me for events.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Feb 12 11 3:13 PM

u know wat u can do with ur kit inspections lol only jokin does that in all in a line first thing in the morning and and i have told  joe and phil at i cat lift or carry any think god  i got it easy lol and with bandleers me a gook i will us my pockets hahah

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Feb 13 11 12:54 AM

Hi until I source another long set of M56 suspenders at a reasonable price are M67 acceptable? Currently using taped regular M56 ones on my spare set.
Also are WW2 metal canteens acceptable? Currently using a mix of WW2 metal and 1990 dated plastic ones, though currently bidding on a few 65/70 dated plastic ones at the moment.
Also being from the N.Ireland it might be a bit dodgy for me to transport a 7.62 ammo belt about though I'm happy to buy it if someone could hold on it for me for events.

-saber

Hi Saber
  As an FNG you have a year to get your gear sorted. Keep your eye on the sale's section of the forum incase anything crops up on there. The 7.62 you can get an ammo tin instead which obviously won't be as scrutinised on ya trip over.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Aug 22 11 4:17 PM

due to the ammount of new guys joining i jus wanted to bump this post back to the top so it didn't get lost in the ether. So new guys have a read & pay attention.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Aug 25 11 5:49 AM

Almost there....,i've extensivly spent out this year already, but seems i have another £300 plus to fork out  to meet the Lt's full expectations,
Fortunatly i won £1,500 the other week, so i'l be off to a bit of ebay shopping!
Just hope we won't have to supply our own  Huey at some point !.....,and i am wondering if there will be any another cost effective "wooden substitute" alternatives?,....here is one i saw earlier! grin

CISO

Quote    Reply   

joe92

In Country

#19 [url]

Aug 30 11 10:06 AM

Good post LT! Like to see some awesome rules for the group no point in doing something unless you do it right!

Also for the newbies spend that little bit extra and get original fatigues! they look sooo much better than that weird brown/ grey colour ripstop repros. Buy once. Buy right.

<3 Captain Bob! Airsofters<Reenactors

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Aug 31 11 5:50 AM

LT,
    i just bough an M60 ammo belt carrier pouch,to put the belt in,is that ok or has it got to be displayed on our person,prefrably?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help