Remove this ad
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Aug 9 11 1:02 PM

Hiya Lee,
Re the usmc flak jacket, it's no good for lee, the army never used them, you need the M1952, or the M1969 with the 3/4 collar, i know it say's it's an M1952, but it's got eyelets at the bottom of it, showing it's an usmc flak jacket, the ammo pouches look ok, but the water bottle cover is an artic one, again no good for you, try www.vietnamgear.com, that site show's you everything your need, hope this help's, if you need anything else, please feel free to pm me, hope this helps, Chris.

3rd bn, 503rd abn inf, 173rd abn bde, airborne all the way.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Aug 15 11 2:12 PM

Without a picture of the other side you can't tell, the way to tell is the ALICE rucks have a cushioned pad at the top of the ruck where the straps join the bag - there are other ways but thats the easiest - this may be a really early ALICE in which case they look identical other than the shoulder pad. When you get hold of one in the flesh, the other give away is that the Tropicals and lightweights have plastic press studs, the ALICE rucks have brass ones painted black.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Aug 16 11 1:44 PM

Hiya Lee, yep thats an medium A.L.I.C.E pack, if you look at the main flap cover, it's got a couple of tabs to pull open, it opens a small map pocket, (i've got a medium and large packs myself), so don't bother with it, hope that helps mate. 

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Aug 16 11 1:50 PM

Your more then welcome mate, i'm going to try and dig out the med M56 web belt for detling, i think i've got a couple, would you like both, if i can find them, £20 the pair??, let me know, cheers.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#18 [url]

Aug 18 11 8:19 AM

If you only want the covers. Willy on UK ebay usually has them... the postage can be a little steep though.
Also there'll be stall's at Detling if your going, which should have canteens etc.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help