Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Oct 17 11 7:09 AM

Only problem with Claymores is that hey're not that cheap.
I know that LT Joe has his for the grunt display, but I'm not sure about anyone else's.
Guys?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#45 [url]

Oct 17 11 1:37 PM

I have a Claymore training set & a airsoft/paint ball claymore,also Grenades on sticks,with trip wires were also used as an anti personel devices,and there are a few of these betwen the group that can be utillised i'm sure!
I wonder if we could get some safty first "rubber Punji Sticks",improvised for effect too,perhaps mounted on boards that cound be partially burried?

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Oct 17 11 1:43 PM

I fink andy the 2Lt woz gonna do a booby trap display which i quite liked the idea of. But it never quite got off the ground if someone else is willing to take it upon themselves to do it i'd be happy to find the space to display it. Maybe trial it at the bunkerbash & go from there?

The UKAirCav motto:- Always making the best of a bad situation since 2004

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Oct 17 11 1:59 PM

cottoning on to a good idea,i have to say,when i had a nose round the RT dispay,at W&P,i could not but notice how engaged the public were when they got to have a look on the weapons table,and where shown under supervision the various weopons used in NAM,every time i passed by, there was always a crowd thronging round the table, which consisted of weapons ,equipment,models etc,just out of reach for prying young hands,and some one on hand to ask about the display & supervise the area.This seemed a good draw for grown ups and kids,and also utillised a recruitment drive for them too!
They also did some sheduled weapons lectures on them at sheduled times,and some history thrown in to boot.

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Oct 17 11 5:11 PM

well we did something along thouse lines at deling where we had a walk through path right through our camp which started at big gs mp tent then past the pup tents with half a pup tent set up to show what it was like to live in one to a poncho basha set up.
this is something i wanted to try and it worked.....so with that in mind it can expand to guys giveing talks about weapons and stuff with maybe guided walks

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Oct 17 11 10:57 PM

Well we do, do summink similar when we let the public get their pix done in the foxhole/trench we give them the weapon & give a little info about that weapon as well as other aspects of the war.

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Oct 18 11 4:04 AM

I still wanna dig a foxhole!
Maybe throw an LP out?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#53 [url]

Oct 18 11 4:34 AM

Lol i woz pulling ya leg lol but in all seriousness 1 of the things the 101 lrrp guys was gonna do to tie in their display with ours was a radio relay/OP/LP type thing.

Quote    Reply   

bigpete

In Country

#60 [url]

Feb 5 12 11:24 AM

Going back to the hut idea, I know the SOG group use a british army 9x9 tent as the base of the hut. Well i have a 9x9 all we will need is sides and a roof.

s/sgt 1st Squad I LOVE BEER, CIGARETTES AND WAR FILMS!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help